Tennis elbow is a condition caused by an inflammation of the tendons (Tissues connecting forearm muscles to the outside of the elbow). Common cause of tennis elbow is overuse and repetitive elbow and wrist movement, leading to pain and tenderness on the outside of the elbow.
What Causes Tennis Elbow?
• Repetitive wrist and elbow movements
• Direct blow outside of the elbow
• Over use
• Poor sporting technique
• Unknown : Tennis elbow can occur without any recognised injury.
Symptoms associated with tennis elbow
• Pain on the outside of your elbow
• Weak/painful grip strength
• Difficulty with lifting heavy objects
How My Physio can help
Approximately 80% to 95% of patients with tennis elbow have tremendous success with my physio.
• Reduce pain
• Improve joint range of motion
• Restore normal muscle function
• Improve tissue repair
Some of the treatments available at My Physio Capalaba include:
Dry needling has worked wonders on my forearms and shoulders
– Valen Butcher (Google Review)
If you are experiencing tennis elbow, do not hesitate to get checked out by My Physio Capalaba. Our proper diagnosis and care will help you recover and get on with daily life.